Dragon Bay is limited to only 18 teams so make sure the date is in your diary. To avoid disappointment, register your interest now.
Agenda for Dragon Bay 2019
Sunday 7 July
08:30 Car park and registration open
09:30 Team manager briefing
09:40 All participant briefing on race safety and rescue procedures
09:50 Dry land pre-race warm-up
10:00 Races and land-based entertainment begin
The format of the rest of the day will depend on the number of teams entered and weather conditions, however we aim for the awards ceremony to be commencing at 15:30.
How to Get to the Dragon Bay Event
By Public Transport
By train, Windermere is the nearest rail station. Windermere bus station is located outside Windermere rail station, next to Booths.
By sat nav, use the postcode LA23 1LP. The watersports centre is located between Windermere and Ambleside on the A591.
There is limited on-site free car parking available for Dragon Bay event participants. Each team will receive 5 free car parking passes. Any additional cars wanting to park on site will need to pay and display their parking ticket.
This year, 100% of each boat’s required entry of £800.00 and anything else you raise on top of that will be going to a charity of your choice. However, once entered you will recieve the following, provided by the folks at CBA Events:
- A dragon boat for up to16 x paddlers, 2 x reserves & 1 x drummer
- 5 x free car parking passes on-site
- One free evening’s training pre-event day
- All required safety equipment
- All dragon boat equipment
- Social media coverage
- Photographs made available post event
- An area on the event field to position your team gazebo / base
- Entertainment throughout the event day
- A Dragon Bay medal for all participants
- Trophies for the winning teams
- Toilet facilities
- Where to get avalide pills