Dragon Bay – Sunday 9th September 2018
Dragon Bay is back! We’re pleased to announce this year’s date as Sunday 9th September and delighted to be running the event for the third consecutive year.
Dragon Bay is an annual charity event taking place on Lake Windermere, in the shadow of the Langdale Pikes at Low Wood Watersports Centre. The event is a joint venture between CBA Events and English Lakes Hotels in support of Paddlers for Life.
Teams compete in the regatta to win the title of Dragon Bay Champions.
Formed in 2014, Dragon Bay raises awareness of Paddlers for Life, an amazing charity which aims to support and help those suffering from cancer through physical activity. They receive a donation from each Dragon Bay team entry fee to support their work. Once entered, teams may fund raise for a charity of their choice.
With a maximum of 18 teams being able to take part, entries come on a first come first served basis.
Family and corporate teams welcome. It’s going to be an ‘oarsome’ day!
- Bouncy castle
- BBQ food
- Ice cream
- Coffee café
- Our comedy lifeguards
- Beach party DJ
- Tug-o-war competition
- The Hakka will return by popular demand
- Hundreds of crazy people dressed in all manner of outfits
Enter Your Team
Why Take Part
- It’s all for a worthwhile cause!
- A fun and active day out for all the family
- Training evening prior to the event and racing on the day provides cost-effective team building
- The entry fee for corporate teams can be set against tax
- Bonding experience for colleagues, family members or groups of friends
- Whilst it is the taking part that counts, you have the opportunity to compete for the coveted Dragon Bay trophy and being the envy of everyone you know.
After paying your entry fee, your team is free to raise sponsorship for your chosen charity.