We are now fully subscribed – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be on the waiting list
Dragon Bay – Sunday 7th July 2019
Dragon Bay is back! We’re pleased to announce this year’s date as Sunday 7th July and delighted to be running the event for the fifth consecutive year but with a whole new focus.
Dragon Bay is CBA Events annual charity event taking place on Lake Windermere, in the beautiful setting of Low Wood Bay Resort and Spa and Low Wood Watersports Centre. The event is supported by English Lakes Hotels.
Teams compete in the regatta to win the title of Dragon Bay Champions.
In a change to the normal proceedings, this year will see ALL monies raised by participating teams go directly to their chosen charity or good cause. How? Well, CBA Events will be covering 100% of the event running costs in order to see all money raised go to worthy causes. This would not be possible without the continued support from Low Wood Bay and crew and equipment from Low Wood Watersports Centre.
The condition of entry will be that every boat raises a minimum of £800.00 in order to take part, with £50.00 going to Paddlers for Life and £750.00 going to a charity of their choice. Paddlers for Life is an amazing charity which aims to support and help those suffering from cancer through physical activity.
Each boat will take part in two races before the fastest three go head to head to win the coveted prize of Race Champions 2019. But don’t worry, there are plenty more awards up for grabs, including Team Spirit, Most Money Raised on the Day and Best Fancy Dress.
Charities, community groups and corporate teams are all welcome. It’s going to be an ‘oarsome’ day!
- BBQ food
- Ice cream
- Coffee café
- Beach party DJ
- Tug-o-war competition
- The Hakka will return by popular demand
- Hundreds of crazy people dressed in all manner of outfits
Enter Your Team
Registration for Dragon Bay 2019 is now open. Please register your team’s interest online here. Once registered, a member of the CBA Events team will be in contact with further details. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our event organiser Ellie Jones on email@example.com.
Why Take Part
- It’s all for a worthwhile cause with 100% of proceeds going directly to your chosen charity or good cause
- Training, delivered by CBA Events, in the weeks prior to the event and racing on the day provides cost-effective team building.
- A great bonding experience for colleagues, family members or groups of friends
- Whilst it is the taking part that counts, you have the opportunity to compete for the coveted Race Champions 2019 trophy and being the envy of everyone you know.